||Incorporating the NBPTS Five Core Propositions into your teaching
||NBPTS standards are based on the Five Core Propositions, which frame the rich amalgam of knowledge, skills, dispositions, and beliefs that characterize National Board Certified Teachers. How do the Five Core Propositions influence your teaching and your students’ learning? In what ways have you used the propositions to inform your decisions in other situations? Have you shared the Core Positions with your students and colleagues? What was the result?
- Submissions will be accepted from National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs).
- Submissions may include any form of writing or media including essays, poems, short stories, journal entries, letters, lists, dramatizations, narratives, lyrics, pictures, drawings, or audio or video clips no longer than three minutes.
The mission of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards is to advance the quality of teaching and learning by:
- Maintaining high and rigorous standards for what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do
- Providing a national voluntary system certifying teachers who meet these standards
- Advocating related education reforms to integrate National Board Certification in American education and to capitalize on the expertise of National Board Certified Teachers
You are eligible to submit one composition (or a link to a composition already posted on the Internet) per gallery. You should not submit the same composition to more than one gallery. When you click "contribute my writing now," you will be prompted for information about your piece and about yourself. You can share this information with readers through the site search engine, or to keep it sheltered from searches. The more information you allow to be public, the more readers for your piece.
Please visit Gallery Guidelines prior to submitting a contribution to the National Gallery of Writing.